After you have figured out to study in Netherlands, the next step is to pass through the Netherland visa application process. Nobody really enjoys this stage, mainly because it requires a lot of time for organizing, collecting and preparing all the documents and relevant information. However, applying for a Holland visa is not so complicated.
Your nationality, duration of your stay and purpose of your stay are the three essential factors for Holland visa.
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Greece, Spain are some of the countries exempt from visas while studying in Netherlands.
The rest of the world needs a visa, as well as a residence permit.
You must consider the following steps for Netherlands visa application.
First, decide on a university to apply to and get your acceptance letter. There are many oldest and world class universities in Netherlands. Start by searching the best of the courses and institutes attended by the international students and combine your personal choice to make a final decision. Please bear in mind that until you decide the university or the program you will not be able to start the Netherlands visa application process.
Next, find out what type of visa you need. This depends on the duration. If the plan is to study a short course of duration up to 3 months, you just need a Provisional Residence Permit which is none other than an entry visa. But if your stay is for any duration more than three months you will need to apply for a full fledged permit called the Residence Permit.
Next, you need to search for the time and place for applying for the student visa. There are usually two ways for this application.
- The primary way to apply for a study visa is to apply via Netherlands embassy or consulate in your home country.
- You can apply for your student visa through the university you wish to attend but remember this service by the university is chargeable.
It’s very important for you to remember that the processing time for your visa application usually lasts one month.
You need to essentially remember that before your stay permit gets expired, you can apply for an extension of your stay for the rest of your program of study. Now in certain instances if you fail to maintain an adequate academic record, your residence permit can be withdrawn. This may be consequential for cancelling your visa or stay permit. If there is a special situation like prolonged illness that prevented you from scoring the adequate marks, you need to consult student services provided by the administration to know if you will be eligible under special consideration. Besides if you fail to support yourself financially during your stay in Netherlands by providing adequate amount of funds, your visa or stay permit can be withheld or cancelled.
Required application documents compulsory for Holland visa
- Completed Visa application form
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Complete academic results
- Letter(Final or provisional) from the university or other recognized institution approving your selection
- Complete study plan explaining the cause for interest in a desired course and university
- Health insurance
- Proof of adequate financial funds that are evident to support your finances during your entire stay
- Proof of payment for other required fees including the visa fees and others.
- Travel insurance
- An agreement for undergoing a test for Tuberculosis within three months of arriving in Netherlands.